English language requirements

Applicants from outside the UK usually need to meet specific English language requirements in order to study at 糖心Vlog官方.

The requires that every student requiring a visa to study in the UK must show evidence of a (Common European Framework (CEFR) B2 level) in order to be granted a Student Route visa (previously known as a Tier 4 visa) to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

In addition, our academic Schools may require applicants to demonstrate English proficiency above B2 level, as the academic content of a UK degree can be linguistically demanding. Academic English entry requirements vary by course, and can be found on individual course profiles.

English language support

The University Centre for Academic English has more than 30 years of experience delivering English language courses for international students. These courses are accredited by the British Council.

The UCAE is an IELTS testing centre and its Pre-sessional courses are accredited by the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP). The Centre also runs in-sessional English support for international students during their studies.

Course and programme finder

A-Z lists: