Pastoral care

At 糖心Vlog官方, pastoral care is made available to students in a number of ways.

Academic advisers

Each student is allocated an , who will be an academic member of staff based within their School. If you wish to discuss any aspect of your academic career, you can speak to your academic adviser who will offer advice and support.

Residential Life (ResLife) advisers

If you’re living in University-managed accommodation, you’ll be allocated a ResLife Adviser, with whom you can talk about any personal or academic problems and issues. ResLife Advisers are either members of staff or postgraduate students, who are resident in the halls of residence. ResLife Advisers also support and organise events through the Manchester ResLife Programme for hall residents throughout the year.


Trained counsellors working within our University Counselling Service offer free, confidential advice on any personal problems affecting your work or well-being.

You can also contact , a listening and information telephone service run by students for students, providing a reassuring point of contact throughout the night.

International students

Specialist advisers are on hand to provide support to all our international students. Advice and information are available across a variety of areas including:

  • Immigration issues
  • Work permits
  • Finance and funding
  • Academic and personal problems